Here are some of the best events going on around the country this Sukkot, including the Salad Trail (Shvil Hasalat) tour, Saidels amazing breads of the Beit Hamikdash workshop, Soosveagala carpentry workshops for kids and Olya’s Hot Glass Studio Tour and Workshop near Beit Shemesh, Speculo Glass workshop in Caesaria, Keramikli Pottery Painting Studio in Beit Shemesh – all exciting Sukkot exclusives for LoveLoveIsrael!
Enjoy this season of wonderful Chaggim – festivals!
The 64th Jerusalem March
As in every year, tens of thousands are expected to participate in the 64th Jerusalem march. The day of the march includes three major events: morning walks in the spectacular nature trails of Jerusalem, a festive parade on the city’s main streets, and a huge ‘happening’ for the whole family, with activities and performances for the march participants, the city’s residents and its guests. There will be two main stages throughout the garden: a general stage – a performance by one of the greatest Israeli singer’s singers today, an African circus, dance bands, artistic gymnastics bands, Jerusalem flower bands and more. The “Child’s World” stage – a huge complex of inflatables for children. There will be children’s performances, circus shows, creative workshops, music, shows for children and more. In addition, there will be a clown complex and a gym for the little ones. One of the main events will feature three spectacular aerial acrobatics performances of 30 minutes each, with drummer and dancer circles.
Where? Around the City of Jerusalem – The morning march leaves from a variety of places. Click here for the full list and more details. The festive march will depart from the Jarre Bachar Center on Bezalel Street. Family reunions will be held at the Sacher Garden.
When? The morning march will open from 7am to 12pm and will take place on three routes with varying degrees of difficulty. The festive march will depart at 3 p.m. Family Happening will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Ages: The whole family. Accessible for disabled and carts.
When? October 17th in Jerusalem.
How much does it cost? Participation in the morning march – NIS 30 per march. The Gan Sachar ‘happening’ is free for residents of Jerusalem and its guests.
More details: At the Jerusalem Municipality website
Old City Tours
Choose how to complete the story in the historic treks of Jerusalem! 15-17 October. 9:00-16:00
- “Succot Experience” at Neot Kedumim ParkWhen? Chol HaMoed Sukkot October 15-18, 2019 Tuesday to Thursday 09:00- 17:00, last entry at 15:00 Friday from 08:30-14:00, last entry at 11:30
In the past, Chol Hamoed Sukkot was a great opportunity for the whole family to get out on the road, sell and buy local merchandise, meet old friends and gain new experiences. On the occasion of Sukkot 2019, visitors to the park can enjoy and feel part of that holiday atmosphere just like in ancient times. TheSukkot events include:
- Walking trails with explanations and demonstrations by our experienced guides about seasonal agricultural installations (in Hebrew)
- Visit the world’s only model Sukkah exhibition
- Musical performance for the whole family
- Arts and crafts workshop
- Special Sukkot production – “The Magical Spice”.
- Snacks and hot meals available for purchase and kosher Sukkahs can be found around the park.
- Tour train departure station. The tour train experience provides an explanatory tour in Hebrew around the reserve. Tickets can be purchased in the Summer Garden, for an additional 10 NIS (age 3 and above). Tour takes about 20 minutes.
For details: 08-9770770 and at: www.n-k.org.il
The Police Heritage Museum (free), Beit Shemesh
- Now a tradition, The Police Heritage Museum will be running free open days over Sukkot!In the museum, you can watch rare historical exhibits, heritage films and multimedia exhibits. During the holiday, demonstrations and activities of various police units will also take place – such as sabotage, forensics, police patrol dogs, and more
Dates of activity (note opening hours): 15-17 October– 9:00 to 15:00 (entrance gates will be closed at 14:00). Please note: on Friday 18th, the site will be closed to visitors!) In the program:
– A display of the various police systems: sabotage, patrol, forensics, traffic and Border Police
– Main performance (11:00 and 13:00) featuring demonstrations by police dogs, sappers and self-defense instructors
– Visit the heritage house displays
– Art corner and more….
Where? Israel Police Heritage House, National Police College, 1 Virginia Boulevard, Beit Shemesh West Industrial Area. For additional information, please contact their Facebook page , email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 02-5788263. Entrance is free of charge, no booking required. Recommended for age 4 years and above. The sukkah is waiting for you…
חול המועד סוכות בבית מורשת משטרת ישראל!בואו להכיר מקרוב את השוטרות והשוטרים, את התפקידים המעניינים שהם ממלאים, את הכלים המשמשים אותם בעבודתם ואת המורשת המפוארת, עליה הם מתבססים.בחול המועד סוכות תש"פ, בימים שלישי, רביעי וחמישי ייערך בבית המורשת אירוע מיוחד, בהשתתפות יחידות המשטרה השונות.בתכנית: – תצוגת אמצעים של יחידות המשטרה: סיור, זיהוי פלילי, חבלה, משמר הגבול, תנועה, ועוד…- מופע מרכזי, בשעות 11:00 ו-13:00, הכולל תצוגת יכולות של רובוט חבלה וכלבי משטרה- פתרון כתבי חידה נושאי פרסים- ביקור בתצוגה ההיסטורית, המשלב עבר, הווה ועתיד- פינת יצירה- שעת סיפור- ועוד… ועוד…פרטים:ימים ג', ד', ה', ט"ז-י"ח תשרי תש"פ, 17-15 באוקטובר 2019שעות הפעילות: 15:00-9:00 (כניסה אחרונה לאתר בשעה 14:00)הפעילות מתאימה לילדים, מגיל 4 ועד 120…אין להכניס בעלי חיים למתחםהכניסה חופשית, ללא צורך בתאום מראש.כתובתנו: בית מורשת משטרת ישראל, המכללה הלאומית לשוטרים, שדרות וירג'יניה 1, אזור תעשייה בית שמש מערבכולם מוזמנים!
Posted by בית מורשת משטרת ישראל on Sunday, September 15, 2019
Priests Blessing – Birkat Hacohanim
- The big Kohanim blessing at the Kotel date is on Wednesday 16th October. Usually at 8:45-10:45am. If you don’t mind crowds this is a truly unique experience where thousands gather together for the priestly blessing. Allow plenty of time to get there and hold on tight to your family so no one gets lost. Read our survival tips here!
The Israel Museum
- The 34th Kite-Flying Festival will take place Tuesday October 15 at the Israel Museum. 10:30am – 18:00. Includes kite making and kite flying. Click here for full details.
- The Hands-on Museum of Ein Yael will be running their usual ancient-themed activities during Chol Hamoed and is great fun for a range of ages. 35 NIS for Adults, 45 NIS for kids age 3+. They will have a kosher Sukkah for your picnics. 10am-5pm. They will update their website soon with details for this year.
- Israel ScaVentures run fantastic scavenger hunts in Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Yafo and more…they are a real loveloveisrael favorite! Check them out and book in a great family or group experience.
Tel Aviv Bike Ride
- On yer bike! The Largest Cycling Event in Israel! Chol Hamoed, Sukkot, Friday October 18 2019. 4 cycling courses and inline skating course throughout the city, on the Ayalon highway, along the Tel Aviv coast. Kick-off and Finish on Rokach Street, adjacent to Ganei Hata’arucha Exhibition Center. Tourists wishing to register in English can call 972-3-5711575 extensions 204 / 235. Click here for more details!
Ariel Sharon Park – the Chiriya
- Ariel Sharon Park – also known as the Chiriya – is running a special event over Sukkot.The festival is called the ‘Indi Bear 2’ Festival. It will run for three days of great music, fine food and a magical atmosphere in the great outdoors.A bit about the Indi Bear Festival:In recent years there has been a rush of original children’s musical work. Independent ensembles of musicians and actors write, compose and produce performances and create a new scene of entertainment for the whole family. The “Indi Bear 2” festival will be an important milestone for the emerging industry, which for the first time holds an Outdoor Festival just like the big festivals. Alongside the fine music, this time we will also collaborate with the “Paleo Market” one of the most delicious and healthy food markets in the country and take breathtaking tours in the renewable nature of Ariel Sharon Park. For more details click here. If you are quick to book, you may still get the earlybird prices.
- Book fast if you want to join Saidel’s incredible workshop – Breads of the Beit Hamikdash!
A really special, UNIQUE, educational and FUN activity to do with your family.
HANDS-ON 3 hour workshop making breads of the Beit HaMikdash – Shtei HaLechem, Korban HaToda and Lechem HaPanim. Ages 5-120. Kasher LeMehadrin. 20 minutes from Kvish 6 (tzomet chorshim/Kfar Saba)
For details & reservations: Call 09-7941222 or 0507202521 (whatsapp number)
Tomo Candy workshop
Super popular by LoveLoveIsrael followers, hurry and book this family friendly, tasty workshop! What could be more apt than making sweets for a sweet new year!!! Read reviews and get details here!
Icon Festival 2018
- Icon Festival 2019 – Israel’s premier scifi conference takes place every year during Sukkot at the Cinemateque Tel Aviv. Full of imagination and fun – don’t forget to dress up as your favorite fictional character! This year it takes place 15-17 October.
Corn Maze in Hod Hasharon
- Cute activity in Hod Hasharon, at Rechov Yafeh Nof, Moshav Ganei Am.
- Pick super sweet corn, find your way out the mazes, Pick your own cherry tomatoes in two colours and sit and relax with your families. Open on Shabbat. They will have opening times for chaggim too so check their page.
- Phone 053-9382101 or check out more details on their Facebook Page.
Beit Shean – Chag Ha’asif Festival
- Lots of fun events going on in Beit Shean for this special festival. Free entry for Matmon card holders, or pay for the National Park Entrance and the activities are free. The National Park and the Eucalyptus park will turn into a huge mansion in the afternoon.
Where and when? The Eucalyptus Park, the Saraya Compound and the Beit Shean National Park, starting at 16:30 on 15 and 16 October.
Price? The festival and performances are free of charge. Entrance to the National Park will cost NIS 14 per child, NIS 28 per adult. You can get more details here.
- Don’t miss out on the end of season fun at Aquakef . Aquakef continues to be a Summer hit, so if you haven’t been, Sukkot is the perfect time…or the perfect time to go again because you know your kids would LOVE to! Age 3+. Ideal for teens and young adults! They now have 3 amazing courses for all levels! Book your slots here. Reviews click here.
- Technoda in Hadera – Race to the Million!! ….More details here. 16-17 October 9:00-16:00.Join us on a scientific journey around the world and traverse time on continents and islands to the finish line.In the first phase, visitors will enter a unique activity area where they will travel across countries, undertaking challenging scientific missions on the way to completing the itinerary map – from Renaissance Italy through the shores of Hawaii, the ice-cream of Iceland to the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Each mission is another step toward the finish line.In the second stage, after completing the quest, let’s tackle the big winner of the race to a million in Technoda, Hadera – in the “Science behind the Journey” quiz – an interactive quiz with audience participation that includes experiments and scientific demonstrations that will reveal the scientific principles behind your tasks.
Your first clue is already ready in the envelope…and the race immediately begins!
So many fantastic things to do and Sukkot’s weather is perfect for making the most of it. LoveLoveIsrael recommends these great ideas!
Shvil Hasalat – The Salad Trail
Exclusive LoveLoveIsrael Days out this Sukkot! Book this fabulous tour that includes tasters of delicious vegetables – Book now to make the most of this great opportunity, and special discounted price!
Read reviews here!
Other ideas –
- Archery in Mitzpe Ramon
- Book a visit at the Mitzpe Ramon Visitors Center
- Look at the stars! Star gazing at night (wrap up very warm at night!)
- Sandboarding! A real hit with energetic groups – so much fun to be had but there is some shlepping up the hill so be ready for a great workout too!
- The National Parks will be running fun activities at many of their sites over Succot. See the full list here.
- They promise Kosher Sukkot at all their sites.
- Highlights: The Roman Market and ancient shows and acrobatics at Caesarea National Park. The Nabatean Market at Mamshit, Talmudic days at Tziporri, and much more!
During Sukkot KKL/JNF will be having a birding festival on three consecutive days at three different KKL/JNF locations:
Tues Oct 15 in Park Yeruham (in the Negev)
Weds Oct 16 in Agmon Hahula (northern Israel)
Thurs Oct 17 in Agmon Hefer (near Netanya and Hadera)
There will be birdwatching tours for adults, as well as for families with kids, bird ringing displays with explanations, along with other bird related activities for families including crafts and soap bubble activities. For adults there will be a competitive birding marathon using a special app, a photography competition with prizes and more.
The event is free of charge.
Full details in Hebrew on their website, click here!
Check out the KKL website for all the other events they are running over Sukkot, including stories, guided tours, arts and crafts, music and olive pressing an more!
Circus Festival in Modiin
- The popular Circus Festival in Modiin returns once again! Lots of free shows as well as shows you need to book in advance. Details will be up on this link soon.
- The Moshav Country Fair is back again at Moshav Mevo Modi’im! Wednesday October 16 from 1200 – 21:00.Phone: 050-856-0568. Email: email@example.com